I slept very well my first night. Mumma B and Mumma K didn't sleep the first night because they spent the entire night staring at me.
In the very early morning, our lovely night-time midwife, Carol Lea, helped to unhook Mumma K from all of the tubes that she had going into her body. Mumma K was happy because she could get out of bed and cuddle me more easily. Mumma B was happy because it meant that Mumma K could help with my nappy changes.
Rhonda, our funny and nice day-time midwife, Rhonda, helped us to have my first bath in our room. Our room was cold, so I didn't like getting undressed or dressed. I did like being in the nice warm bath water though! I liked having my ears, upper body and lower body under the water. I especially liked it when Mumma B would move me back and forth through the water. It reminded me of being inside of Mumma K (only I had a lot more room to move in the bath!)
After we finished the bath, Mumma B dressed me for the first time in one of my outfits (instead of the hospital singlets and gowns). Don't I look cute?


In the afternoon Dude and Pappas came to visit me again. Pappas had been to the shops and had picked out this toy especially for me. It has a mirror and makes lots of noise. I love it!
Nat and Rhean also came to visit me in the afternoon. I felt very special to get so many cuddles.
That evening Gil, Alex and Gemma came to visit me. I slept through their visit, but loved all of the attention they gave me.
Gil made me an amazing monster quilt. I feel very lucky to have been given one of Gil's beautiful quilts. Mumma B put the quilt in my cot as soon as we got home.
Otherwise I spent most of the day being cuddled by Mumma B and Mumma K and eating. The nurses and midwives checked my blood sugars after each feed. I was very brave about having my foot pricked by a needle. By the end of the day, my blood sugar levels had normalised and I didn't need to be checked anymore.


In the afternoon Dude and Pappas came to visit me again. Pappas had been to the shops and had picked out this toy especially for me. It has a mirror and makes lots of noise. I love it!
Nat and Rhean also came to visit me in the afternoon. I felt very special to get so many cuddles.
That evening Gil, Alex and Gemma came to visit me. I slept through their visit, but loved all of the attention they gave me.
Gil made me an amazing monster quilt. I feel very lucky to have been given one of Gil's beautiful quilts. Mumma B put the quilt in my cot as soon as we got home.
Otherwise I spent most of the day being cuddled by Mumma B and Mumma K and eating. The nurses and midwives checked my blood sugars after each feed. I was very brave about having my foot pricked by a needle. By the end of the day, my blood sugar levels had normalised and I didn't need to be checked anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment